Discussion about Raiding strategies and tactics
953Small
Discussion about Class-specific strategies and tactics
54Member avatar small
ThreadsAuthorPostsViewsLast Post
[Pinned] Vision
Strategies

[Pinned] Vision

We have recruited a lot of new members recently. I wanted to repost our vision so that you may know what we are about, and what is expected.PurposeAt Ascensión we use a laidback competitiveness to build loyalty and friendships through raids, Galac...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle3388Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

State of the Guild

In April we made the decision to stay on the Prophecy of the Five. I think it has been a good run.In June we began the Dark vs. Light event. Some embraced it. It had the unintended consequence of killing regular warzones on our server. In recent w...
Small Wiffle 2y
Wiffle3603Small Wiffle 2y
Strategies

Improving Your DPS Rotation!

I decided to start this thread to help fellow guild members with simplifying their rotation while also increase their boss mechanic awareness.In some cases you might already have peripherals with the functionality to bind keys / buttons to program...
Small Lepre-chaun 2y
Lepre-chaun4818Small Skull-Hammer 2y
Strategies

Warzones

Since the beginning of the Dark vs. Light event, there has been a drop in interest in warzones. This cannot be because warzones are an important part of the experience of Star Wars.To do our part, we are going to make an effort to queue for warzon...
Small Wiffle 2y
Wiffle0185Small Wiffle 2y
Strategies

Raid boss guides (3.0 to 4.0)

As some of our members are newer to raiding, here are some strategy guides for raids.Some of these refer to patch 3.0 fights (we are now in 4.0) but the general flavour of the fights has not changed much.This post is intended to help members "self...
Small Hawkbit 3y
Hawkbit0457Small Hawkbit 3y
Strategies

Imperial Guild

Currently we are spread across at least three Imperial guilds at the moment, Dark Ascension, Tribunal, and Legacy of Caêdus. The first two of these have had very light population.Rolanddeschainn has offered his guild ship and to take over Imperial...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle2272Small Luminatus 3y
Strategies

Flagship Plans

Here is where we are with the plans. We need 15 Flagship Plans: Command Framework. We have 11. We need 6 Flagship Plans: Engineering Framework. We only have 40 Flagship Plans: Engineering Encryption. Either of these are good choices. We have too m...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle2256Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

Conquerors of The Black Hole

Congratulations to all who helped conquer The Black Hole. It was another great team effort.I know there was a bit of bantering back and forth with BMF. As they say, let's act as if we've been there before with the win. Please respectfully acknowle...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle0145Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

Conquering Alderaan

We've done a great job so far, but I think we need an overnight push so that we are not surprised. My goal is to drop 300,000 points on Grease The Servos in the early morning. If you are able to contribute some points right before 8:00 AM EDT, ple...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle2298Member avatar small Ghinzu 3y
Strategies

Vision

Recently Hawkbit posed this question: #10190699 Hawkbit wrote:I see the key question that needs to be answered is what our development goal is going to be. Recruitment? Big conquest? Prep for expansion end game content? Other priorities (GSF, PVP...
Small Wiffle 4y
Wiffle7709Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

Problems with a Former Member

There is a former member of Ascensión who is causing quite a ruckus. He makes a big deal about not doing things with people from our guild. I apologize for this. He was let go one of the times that we purged inactive players, and I believe things ...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle6450Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

Conquest Update

This week we finished 17th overall on our server.In two weeks there will be another "Total Galactic War." That means 14 planets will be in play. We have a chance to conquer another planet. Please start stockpiling materials for crafting. We are go...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle6355Small Chitsa 3y
Strategies

Recruiting

I and others have gotten lax about recruiting. Consequently we've seen our numbers drop to single digits in peak times. It's definitely more fun having people online, placing in the leaderboard of Conquest, and having a lot of options of running d...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle3221Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

Name of the Guild Ship

Apparently you can name the guild ship. Some names were bantered around yesterday.
Small Wiffle 4y
Wiffle4372Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

New Challenges

My intelligence tells me that next week will be another Total Galactic War. It is time to conquer our fourth planet.I also am seeing a trend. We are following a lackluster week in Conquest with another lackluster week. If this trend continues next...
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle3250Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

TeamSpeak

When grouping for things, please begin by putting an announcement in guild chat. It is considerate for those who are not on TeamSpeak, and it will help in getting more people involved in the fun things that we do.
Small Wiffle 3y
Wiffle0124Small Wiffle 3y
Strategies

Conquest: Total Galactic War

In 10 days there will be another Total Galactic War. Save your resources. Remember it takes 50,000 points to reach the Personal/Guild Reward goal.As last time, we will wait to pick a planet that we can win. In the last two weeks we have placed 10t...
Small Wiffle 4y
Wiffle2213Small Wiffle 4y
Strategies

TFB Platforms

Small Ja'zel 4y
Ja'zel3186Member avatar small Mygross 4y
Strategies

Conquest: Total Galactic War

The conquest for this week is Total Galactic War. There are twelve planets up for grabs, and I believe as has been in the past some of those planets will be split between Empire and Republic.We are going to try to pick a planet with minimal compet...
Small Wiffle 4y
Wiffle5524Member avatar small Ghinzu 4y
Strategies

My Mistake and Its Ripple Effect

Thursday night I was not careful and wound up purchasing something off the GTN for 20 million credits instead of 20,000 credits. A comma and a decimal point are so close to these old eyes. Seeing the direction the forums are going and the response...
Small Wiffle 4y
Wiffle3654Small Wiffle 4y